Star Unit - Sundays 2pm-3pm
Mesquite Unit - Tuesdays 7:30pm-8:30pm,
Longhorn Unit - Wednesdays 7:30pm- 8:30pm,
Brazos Unit - Thursdays 7:30pm-8:30pm
Cactus Unit - Saturdays 2pm-3pm.
In order to schedule a patient visit via ZOOM, please call (512)639-1271 between 10:00 AM and 7:00 PM, M-F.
A listing of visiting hours for the inpatient treatment programs are available at the time of patient admission. Please ask the patient's case manager if you have questions about visitation.
Special arrangements can be made to accommodate families or other visitors who live a great distance or who cannot visit during regular visiting hours due to special circumstances.
Please review the guidelines below before you visit. Many of these guidelines are in response to state and federal laws and regulations, but all of our guidelines seek to protect the safety of our patients, staff and visitors.
- To protect the privacy of our patients and maintain confidentiality, we provide each patient with an ID code to give to family, friends, or other individuals who want to call or visit.
- Purses, Backpacks, Bags, Cell Phones, Food & Drink Items are not permitted on patient units. We suggest that you leave these items locked in the trunk of your vehicle. (Don’t forget your keys!)
- Flowers & Balloons - We strongly discourage visitors from bringing these items to the hospital. If flowers or balloons are brought in, they usually must be kept at the nurses’ station.
- Patient Belongings & Valuables - If you are bringing items to leave with a patient (e.g., clothing or toiletries), please give all these items to the staff to check when you enter the unit.
The following items are considered “contraband” and not allowed in the hospital. If you bring one of these items to the hospital, we will ask you to take it home or we will need to store it until the patient is discharged:
- Alcohol or any drug related paraphernalia
- Sharp objects such as razors, scissors, glass bottles, mirrors, needles, pins, aluminum cans, spiral notebooks, keys, makeup pencil sharpeners, paper clips, hair clips, underwire bras, or any item with sharp edges or which could be broken to create sharp edges
- Shoe laces, belts, panty hose, rope, head bands, ace bandages, clothing with draw strings or long ties, any item with an electric cord
- Matches and lighters, aerosol cans or fireworks of any kind
- TVs, stereos, video games, CD players/recorders, computers, pagers, cell phones
- Magazines, books, pictures or clothing items depicting drug or alcohol use, violence, racism, gangs, sexual situations or activities, or otherwise potentially offensive material
- Cameras, camcorders or any other type of audio or visual recording device
- Weapons of any kind, candles or incense, plastic bags
- Other items deemed inappropriate or dangerous by our clinical staff
We hope that you find your visit toGeorgetown Behavioral Health Institute helpful and hopeful. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please ask a member of our staff.